- The definition of valuable is something that is worth a lot, either in terms of money or in terms of being useful or loved.
- An example of valuable is a ring worth $1,000,000.
- An example of valuable is your dime store ring that your husband gave you on your first date that has sentimental value.
- An example of valuable is a person who is a good contributor to a team.
- Valuable is defined as something that has a high monetary value.
An example of a valuable is a diamond ring.
A valuable ring.Licensed from iStockPhoto
- having material value; being worth money
- having great value in terms of money: a valuable diamond
- of great merit, use, or service; highly important, esteemed, etc.
- valuably adverb
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- Having considerable monetary or material value for use or exchange: a valuable diamond.
- Of great importance, use, or service: valuable information; valuable advice.
- Having admirable or esteemed qualities or characteristics: a valuable friend.
- valˈu·a·ble·ness noun
- valˈu·a·bly adverb