An expensive car.
The definition of expensive is costly or having a very high price.
An example of an expensive item is a quart of milk selling for $6.
- Requiring a large expenditure; costly.
- Marked by high prices: expensive stores.
(comparative more expensive, superlative most expensive)
- They were all dressed for a white tie party in expensive tuxedos.
- I found Boston is an expensive place to live.
- It would be less expensive to repair the new car.
- Howard was unemployed but was forced to eat an expensive lease.
- A small table held an expensive looking scale.