A profitable side business could be selling refurbished furniture like the dresser shown.
The definition of profitable is something with a financial gain or benefit.
An example of profitable is a dresser bought from a thrift store for $10 that you're able to sell for $50.
Yielding profit; advantageous: an investment that was barely profitable.
- prof′it·a·bil′i·ty prof′it·a·ble·ness
- I'm trying to make this a profitable business.
- Dredging for gold, however, seems likely to prove very profitable and gold dust is found in practically every river in the hills.
- Of these some still exist; others, ceasing to be profitable, have been abandoned.
- Since many of the poor were not able-bodied, the workhouses were not profitable institutions.
- Large quantities of frozen and preserved meat are exported, profitable prices being realized.