- The definition of prosperous is someone or something exhibiting financial success.
An example of someone who would be described as prosperous is a millionaire.
prosperous definition by Webster's New World
- having continued success; prospering; flourishing
- well-to-do; well-off
- conducive to success; favorable
Origin: Middle English ; from Middle French prospereus: see prosper and amp; -ous
- prosperously adverb
prosperous definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- Having success; flourishing: a prosperous new business.
- Well-to-do; well-off: a prosperous family.
- Propitious; favorable: a prosperous moment to make a decision.
- prosˈper·ous·ly adverb
- prosˈper·ous·ness noun