The definition of prosperous is someone or something exhibiting financial success.adjective
An example of someone who would be described as prosperous is a millionaire.YourDictionary definition and usage example. Copyright © 2013 by LoveToKnow Corp.
- having continued success; prospering; flourishing
- well-to-do; well-off
- conducive to success; favorable
Origin: ME < MFr prospereus: see prosper & -ous
- prosperously adverb
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- Having success; flourishing: a prosperous new business.
- Well-to-do; well-off: a prosperous family.
- Propitious; favorable: a prosperous moment to make a decision.
- prosˈper·ous·ly adverb
- prosˈper·ous·ness noun