- the act of one that loses
- [pl.] losses by gambling
- that loses: a losing team
- resulting in loss: a losing proposition
- Failing to win, as in a sport or game: a losing team; a losing lottery ticket.
- Of or relating to one that fails to win: a losing season; a losing battle.
- The act of one that loses; loss.
- often losings Something lost, such as money at gambling.
- That loses or lose, or has or have lost.
- Being on the losing team is disappointing.
- The action of the verb to lose.
- Present participle of lose.