An example of a meeting is everyone in a finance department getting together in a conference room.
- a coming together of persons or things
- an assembly; a gathering to discuss or decide matters
- an assembly or place of assembly for worship, esp. of Friends, or Quakers
- a series of horse or dog races held during a period of days at a certain track
- a point of contact; junction
Origin of meetingsee meet
- The act or process or an instance of coming together; an encounter.
- An assembly or gathering of people, as for a business, social, or religious purpose.
- Present participle of meet.
(countable and uncountable, plural meetings)
- (uncountable) The action of the verb to meet.
- A gathering of people/parties for a purpose.
- We need to have a meeting about that soon.
- The people at such a gathering, as a collective.
- What has the meeting decided.
- An encounter between people, even accidental.
- They came together in a chance meeting on the way home from work.
- A place or instance of junction or intersection.
- Earthquakes occur at the meeting of tectonic plates.
meeting - Legal Definition