- separating and going in various directions
- distributed over a wide area, esp. at irregular intervals
- distributed in small numbers among several or many candidates: said of votes
- the act or process of one that scatters
- a small amount of something spread out or interspersed in a medium
- Physics the process by which the direction of motion of radiation or particles is changed randomly when passing through a medium, caused by collisions of the constituents of the radiation with particles in the medium
- Something scattered, especially a small, irregularly occurring amount or quantity: a scattering of applause.
- Physics The dispersal of a beam of particles or of radiation into a range of directions as a result of physical interactions.
Placed irregularly and far apart; scattered.
- Present participle of scatter.
scattering - Computer Definition
The deflection of a beam of radiant energy as it encounters physical matter in a medium. See also Rayleigh scattering.