- Present participle of assemble.
- She worked all night assembling the bicycle, but she succeeded.
- A gathering or assembly.
Variant of assemble
intransitive verbassembled, assembling
- to gather into a group; collect
- ☆ to fit or put together the parts of (a machine, etc.)
- to translate (a computer program, instruction, etc. in assembly language) into machine language: said of an assembly program
Origin of assembleMiddle English assemblen ; from Old French assembler ; from Vulgar Latin an unverified form adsimulare ; from Classical Latin ad-, to + simul, together: see same