- To assemble is defined as to put something together.
An example of assemble is when a parent puts together a toy for his child.
- The definition of assemble is to come together in a given place.
An example of a group that may assemble is one that is protesting a political action.
assemble definition by Webster's New World
- to gather into a group; collect
- ☆ to fit or put together the parts of (a machine, etc.)
- to translate (a computer program, instruction, etc. in assembly language) into machine language: said of an assembly program
Origin: Middle English assemblen ; from Old French assembler ; from Vulgar Latin an unverified form adsimulare ; from Classical Latin ad-, to plush simul, together: see same
assemble definition by American Heritage Dictionary
verb as·sem·bled, as·sem·bling, as·sem·bles verb, transitive
- To bring or call together into a group or whole: assembled the jury.
- To fit together the parts or pieces of: assemble a machine; assemble data.
Origin: Middle English assemblen, from Old French assembler, from Vulgar Latin *assimulāre : Latin ad-, ad- + Latin simul, together; see sem-1 in Indo-European roots.