- The definition of an assemblage is the act of getting together or putting something together.
An example of an assemblage is a group of people inviting others to join them at a protest.
- In art, an assemblage is the creation of sculpture through collection and unification of a variety of items that bear no relation, or the piece of art that is created as a result of this process.
An example of an assemblage is Robert Rauschenberg's Canyon, created of various materials such as wood, nails, paper, fabric, paint, metal and other items.
assemblage definition by Webster's New World
- an assembling or being assembled
- a group of persons or things gathered together; assembly
- a form of art involving the assembly and arrangement of unrelated objects, parts, and materials in a kind of sculptured collage
assemblage definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- a. The act of assembling.b. The state of being assembled.
- A collection of people or things; a gathering.
- A collection of items from a single datable component of an archaeological site.
- A fitting together of parts, as those in a machine.
- A sculptural composition consisting of an arrangement of miscellaneous objects or found materials.
- as·semˈblag·ist noun
assemblage - Business Definition
assemblage - Science Definition