- The definition of an assemblage is the act of getting together or putting something together.
An example of an assemblage is a group of people inviting others to join them at a protest.
- In art, an assemblage is the creation of sculpture through collection and unification of a variety of items that bear no relation, or the piece of art that is created as a result of this process.
An example of an assemblage is Robert Rauschenberg's Canyon, created of various materials such as wood, nails, paper, fabric, paint, metal and other items.
- an assembling or being assembled
- a group of persons or things gathered together; assembly
- a form of art involving the assembly and arrangement of unrelated objects, parts, and materials in a kind of sculptured collage
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- a. The act of assembling.b. The state of being assembled.
- A collection of people or things; a gathering.
- A collection of items from a single datable component of an archaeological site.
- A fitting together of parts, as those in a machine.
- A sculptural composition consisting of an arrangement of miscellaneous objects or found materials.
- as·semˈblag·ist noun
assemblage - Business Definition
assemblage - Science Definition
Copyright © 2010 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.