- The definition of a gathering is a meeting.
An example of a gathering is a small family Christmas party.
- Gathering is defined as pulling something or various elements together into a unit.
An example of gathering is a length of cloth pulled tightly at one side to make a shorter length for the waistband of a skirt.
A family gathering at Christmas.
gathering definition by Webster's New World
- the act of one that gathers
- what is gathered; specif.,
- a meeting; assemblage; crowd
- a gather in cloth
- a boil or abscess
gathering definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- a. The action of one that gathers.b. That which is gathered or amassed; a collection or accumulation.
- An assembly of persons; a meeting.
- The collecting of food that grows wild, such as berries, roots, and grains.
- A gather in cloth.
- A suppurated swelling; a boil or abscess.