- The definition of a gathering is a meeting.
An example of a gathering is a small family Christmas party.
- Gathering is defined as pulling something or various elements together into a unit.
An example of gathering is a length of cloth pulled tightly at one side to make a shorter length for the waistband of a skirt.
A family gathering at Christmas.
- the act of one that gathers
- what is gathered; specif.,
- a meeting; assemblage; crowd
- a gather in cloth
- a boil or abscess
- a. The action of one that gathers.b. That which is gathered or amassed; a collection or accumulation.
- An assembly of persons; a meeting.
- The collecting of food that grows wild, such as berries, roots, and grains.
- A gather in cloth.
- A suppurated swelling; a boil or abscess.
- A meeting or get-together; a party or social function.
- I met her at a gathering of engineers and scientists.
- A group of people or things.
- A gathering of fruit.
- (bookbinding) A section, a group of bifolios, or sheets of paper, stacked together and folded in half.
- This gathering machine forms the backbone of a bookbinding operation.
- A charitable contribution; a collection.
- A tumor or boil suppurated or maturated; an abscess.
- present continuous of gather; collecting or bringing together
- She enjoyed gathering wildflowers.