picking definition by Webster's New World
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- the act of a person who picks
- something that is or may be picked, or the amount of this; specif.,
- small scraps or remains that may be gleaned
- something got by effort, often in a dishonest way; returns or spoils
picking definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- The act of one that picks.
- pickings Something or a group of things that are or may be picked.
- a. Leftovers. Often used in the plural.b. A share of spoils.