This girl is taking a cookie.
- The definition of taking is intriguing or interesting.
An example of taking used as an adjective is "a taking evening gown."
- Taking is defined as the act of obtaining, or the thing obtained.
An example of a taking is a grabbing of the last cookie.
- that captures interest; attractive; winning
- Obs. contagious: said of disease
- the act of one that takes
- something taken
- an expropriation of private property by eminent domain: usually used in pl.
- earnings; profits; receipts
- Brit., Informal a state of agitation or excitement
- Capturing interest; fetching: a taking smile.
- Contagious; catching. Used of an infectious disease.
- The act of one that takes.
- Something taken, as a catch of fish.
- Law An action by a government, especially under the power of eminent domain, that deprives a private owner of real property or of the use and enjoyment of that property.
- takings Informal Receipts, especially of money.
(countable and uncountable, plural takings)
- Present participle of take.