- The definition of lovely is someone or something attractive or inspires love.
An example of lovely is a beautiful day.
lovely definition by Webster's New World
adjective lovelier, loveliest
having those qualities that inspire love, affection, or admiration; specif.,
- beautiful; exquisite
- morally or spiritually attractive; gracious
- Informal highly enjoyable: a lovely party
Origin: Middle English luvelich ; from Old English luflic
noun pl. lovelies
Informal a lovely person or thing; esp., a beautiful young woman
lovely definition by American Heritage Dictionary
adjective love·li·er, love·li·est
- Full of love; loving.
- Inspiring love or affection.
- Having beauty that appeals to the emotions as well as to the eye. See Synonyms at beautiful.
- Enjoyable; delightful.
- A beautiful person, especially a woman.
- A lovely object.
- loveˈli·ness noun
- loveˈly adverb