The definition of lovely is someone or something attractive or inspires love.adjective
An example of lovely is a beautiful day.YourDictionary definition and usage example. Copyright © 2013 by LoveToKnow Corp.
- beautiful; exquisite
- morally or spiritually attractive; gracious
- Informal highly enjoyable: a lovely party
Origin: ME luvelich < OE luflic
noun pl. lovelies
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
adjective love·li·er, love·li·est
- Full of love; loving.
- Inspiring love or affection.
- Having beauty that appeals to the emotions as well as to the eye. See Synonyms at beautiful.
- Enjoyable; delightful.
- A beautiful person, especially a woman.
- A lovely object.
- loveˈli·ness noun
- loveˈly adverb