- observance (of a rule, holiday, promise, etc.)
- care; custody; charge
- maintenance or means of maintenance; keep
- the condition in which something is kept
- reservation for future use; preservation
in keeping with
in conformity or accord with
- The act of holding, guarding, maintaining, or supporting: the keeping of secrets; the keeping of records.
- Custody; care: The heirloom is in my keeping. See Synonyms at care.
- Harmony; conformity: “A facade had been added, in perfect keeping with [the] original architecture” ( Nancy Holmes )
(countable and uncountable, plural keepings)
- Present participle of keep.