- The definition of traditional is something that is in keeping with long-standing tradition, style or custom.
- An example of traditional is the practice of eating turkey as the traditional or accepted Thanksgiving meal.
- An example of traditional is a formal style of furniture that doesn't change with fads or the seasons.
- of, handed down by, or conforming to tradition; conventional
- designating or of a style of improvised jazz associated historically with early black New Orleans musicians and typically played by a band made up of one or two cornets, a clarinet, a trombone, and a rhythm section that includes a banjo and a tuba
- traditionally adverb
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- tra·diˈtion·al·ly adverb