A traditional Thanksgiving dinner.
- An example of traditional is the practice of eating turkey as the traditional or accepted Thanksgiving meal.
- An example of traditional is a formal style of furniture that doesn't change with fads or the seasons.
- of, handed down by, or conforming to tradition; conventionalalso tra·di′tion·ar·y or Raretrad′i·tive
- designating or of a style of improvised jazz associated historically with early black New Orleans musicians and typically played by a band made up of one or two cornets, a clarinet, a trombone, and a rhythm section that includes a banjo and a tuba
(comparative more traditional, superlative most traditional)
- Of or pertaining to tradition; derived from tradition; communicated from ancestors to descendants by word only; transmitted from age to age without writing; as, traditional opinions; traditional customs; traditional expositions of the Scriptures.
- I think her traditional values are antiquated.
- Observant of tradition; attached to old customs; old-fashioned.
- In lieu of the name of the composer of a piece of music, whose real name is lost in the mists of time.
tradition +"Ž -al