The phenomena of the construction of the Sphinx and pyramids of Egypt indicate an advanced, ancient civilization.
When an artist creates artwork unlike anything ever seen before, this is an example of a time when the art might be described as unusual.
(comparative more unusual, superlative most unusual)
- It was unusual having nothing to do.
- Talking with Fritz was better than nothing, but this young man had an unusual way of thinking.
- Well, that's an unusual name.
- Do they have anything unusual, like four moons?
- This book is unusual for two reasons.