- The definition of phenomenal is extraordinary, highly unusual or relating to the unexplained or supernatural.
- An example of phenomenal is a student who scores above a 95% on every test.
- An example of phenomenal is the ability to communicate with the dead.
phenomenal definition by Webster's New World
- of or constituting a phenomenon or phenomena
- extremely unusual; extraordinary; highly remarkable
- Philos. apparent to or perceptible by the senses
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- phenomenally adverb
phenomenal definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- Of, relating to, or constituting phenomena or a phenomenon.
- Extraordinary; outstanding: a phenomenal feat of memory.
- Philosophy Known or derived through the senses rather than through the mind.
- phe·nomˈe·nal·ly adverb