- An example of wonderful is watching a fireworks display; a wonderful experience.
- An example of wonderful is finding out you just won the lottery; a wonderful discovery.
- An example of wonderful is meeting your baby for the first time; a wonderful event.
Wonderful is defined as an amazing, astonishing, excellent or enjoyable person, thing or event.
- that causes wonder; marvelous; amazing
- very good, excellent, fine, etc.
Origin of wonderfulMiddle English from Old English wundorfull
- Admirable or very good; excellent or splendid: what a wonderful person she is; had a wonderful time at the party.
- Capable of eliciting wonder; astonishing: “The … whale is one of the most wonderful animals in the world” ( Charles Darwin )
(comparative wonderfuller or more wonderful, superlative wonderfullest or most wonderful)