- The definition of terrific is awesome, great or very good.
An example of something terrific is scoring 100% on every test.
terrific definition by Webster's New World
- causing great fear or dismay; terrifying; dreadful; appalling
- unusually great, intense, severe, etc.
- unusually fine, admirable, enjoyable, etc.: a general term of approval
Origin: Classical Latin terrificus ; from base of terrere, to frighten: see terror and amp; -fic
- terrifically adverb
terrific definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- Very good or fine; splendid: a terrific tennis player.
- Awesome; astounding: drove at a terrific rate of speed.
- Causing terror or great fear; terrifying: a terrific wail.
- Very bad or unpleasant; frightful: a terrific headache.
Origin: Latin terrificus : terrēre, to frighten + -ficus, -fic.
- ter·rifˈi·cal·ly adverb