- A news story about a president's affair that captures everyone's attention is an example of a sensational news story.
- A really, really great play that touches your heart and moves you is an example of a sensational play.
The definition of sensational is something that causes a lot of discussion or excitement among the public, or is something that is exceptionally good.
- of the senses or sensation
- arousing intense interest and excitement; startling; exciting
- using or having effects intended to startle, shock, thrill, etc.
- Informal exceptionally good, fine, etc.
- Of or relating to sensation.
- Arousing or intended to arouse strong curiosity, interest, or reaction, especially by exaggerated or lurid details: sensational journalism; a sensational television report.
- Outstanding; spectacular: a sensational concert; a sensational dinner.
(comparative more sensational, superlative most sensational)
sensation +"Ž -al