- The definition of stunning is great beauty or something that causes shock or loss of consciousness.
- An example of stunning is a description of a very beautiful girl.
- An example of stunning is the shock received when you put a fork in the slot of a toaster that is turned on.
- Stunning means causing awe or confusion.
An example of stunning is when a performance is so good you are speechless.
This woman is stunning.
stunning definition by Webster's New World
- that stuns
- Informal remarkably attractive, excellent, etc.
- stunningly adverb
stunning definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- Causing or capable of causing emotional shock or loss of consciousness.
- Of a strikingly attractive appearance.
- a. Impressive: gave a stunning performance.b. Surprising: The President's final decision came with stunning suddenness.
- stunˈning·ly adverb
Variant of stun
- to make senseless or unconscious, as by a blow
- to daze or stupefy; shock deeply; astound; overwhelm: stunned by the news
- to overpower or bewilder as by a loud noise or explosion
Origin: Middle English stonien ; from Old French estoner, to stun: see astonish