- that stuns
- Informal remarkably attractive, excellent, etc.
This woman is stunning.
- Stunning means causing awe or confusion.
An example of stunning is when a performance is so good you are speechless.
- The definition of stunning is great beauty or something that causes shock or loss of consciousness.
- An example of stunning is a description of a very beautiful girl.
- An example of stunning is the shock received when you put a fork in the slot of a toaster that is turned on.
- Causing or capable of causing emotional shock or loss of consciousness.
- Of a strikingly attractive appearance.
- a. Impressive: gave a stunning performance.b. Surprising: The President's final decision came with stunning suddenness.
(comparative more stunning, superlative most stunning)
- Present participle of stun.
- He was the most stunning man she'd ever seen despite his crooked nose.
- Inside she found a stunning pair of diamond and ruby drop earrings.
- There is beautiful foliage and stunning children everywhere.
- As soon as the male birds have begun their graceful antics, he shoots them, one after the other, with blunt arrows, for the purpose of stunning and bringing them to the ground without drawing blood, which would injure their plumage; and so eager are those birds in their courtship that almost all the males are thus brought down before the danger is perceived.
- Jenn sat with a smile that turned her from stunning to breathtaking.