- An example of someone striking is the most stunning woman in a room.
- An example of striking is a group of teachers refusing to work until certain conditions are changed; striking teachers.
The definition of striking is very beautiful or noticeable, or workers coming together and protesting.
- that strikes or is on strike
- very noticeable or impressive; specif., very attractive in appearance: a striking blonde
Arresting the attention and producing a vivid impression on the sight or the mind. See Synonyms at noticeable.
(comparative more striking, superlative most striking)
- Of that which makes a strong impression.
- He looked quite striking in his new suit and tie.
- Present participle of strike.