- The definition of outstanding is something that is very good or very noticeable, making it more obvious than another.
- An example of something outstanding is a wine that is noticeably better at a tasting.
- An example of something outstanding is a sculpture that is hard to miss.
- Outstanding means unpaid.
An example of something outstanding is a bill from two years ago that you keep forgetting to pay.
This appears to be an outstanding glass of wine.
outstanding definition by Webster's New World
- prominent; distinguished; conspicuous
- unfulfilled; unsettled
- unpaid; uncollected
- that have been issued and sold: said of stocks and bonds
- outstandingly adverb
outstanding definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- Standing out among others of its kind; prominent. See Synonyms at noticeable.
- Superior to others of its kind; distinguished.
- Projecting upward or outward; standing out.
- Still in existence; not settled or resolved: outstanding debts; a long outstanding problem.
- Publicly issued and sold: outstanding stocks and bonds.
- out·standˈing·ly adverb
Variant of outstand