- Outstanding means unpaid.
An example of something outstanding is a bill from two years ago that you keep forgetting to pay.
- The definition of outstanding is something that is very good or very noticeable, making it more obvious than another.
- An example of something outstanding is a wine that is noticeably better at a tasting.
- An example of something outstanding is a sculpture that is hard to miss.
This appears to be an outstanding glass of wine.
- prominent; distinguished; conspicuous
- unfulfilled; unsettled
- unpaid; uncollected
- that have been issued and sold: said of stocks and bonds
- Excellent or exceptionally good: an outstanding essay that received an A+.
- Noticeable or conspicuous: “Thiamine deficiency alone generally produces peripheral neuritis and numbness as its most outstanding features” (Vernon H. Mark).
- Still in existence; not settled or resolved: outstanding debts; a long outstanding problem.
- Publicly issued and sold: outstanding shares of stock.
(comparative more outstanding, superlative most outstanding)
- stand out
Variant of outstand