- An example of stellar used as an adjective is stellar light which means light from the stars.
- An example of stellar used as an adjective is a stellar athlete which means an outstanding athlete.
The definition of stellar is relating to the stars or excellent.
- of the stars or a star
- like a star, as in shape
- by or as by a star performer; excellent; outstanding
- leading; chief: a stellar role
Origin of stellarLate Latin stellaris ; from Classical Latin stella, a star
- Of, relating to, or consisting of stars.
- a. Of or relating to a star performer.b. Outstanding; principal.
Origin of stellarLate Latin st&emacron;llaris, from Latin st&emacron;lla, star; see ster-3 in Indo-European roots.
(comparative more stellar, superlative most stellar)
From Latin stÄ“llÄris.