Origin of inconspicuousClassical Latin inconspicuus
The definition of inconspicuous is someone or something that blends in, or that is not prominent or attracting attention.
A plain and demure black dress that doesn't attract attention or show off your figure is an example of an inconspicuous outfit.
Not readily noticeable.
(comparative more inconspicuous, superlative most inconspicuous)
- Margins of foot not prominent; no radula; shell external, with inconspicuous spire.
- I tried to remain inconspicuous as I leaned against a back wall, my mind still in turmoil.
- He played an inconspicuous role in the council of the Five Hundred.
- It has narrow, shortstalked leaves and inconspicuous, apetalous, unisexual flowers borne in short spikes.
- Gibberifrons of the Australian region) in which the male wears the same inconspicuous plumage as the female.