- The definition of invisible is something that cannot be seen or someone who is ignored and treated as if he is not seen.
- Ink that disappears so you cannot see it on the page is an example of invisible ink.
- When you stand in line at the store and customers and staff ignore you and do not help you, this is an example of a time when you might be described as invisible.
An invisible woman.
- not visible; that cannot be seen
- out of sight; not apparent
- too small or too faint to be seen; imperceptible
- kept hidden: invisible assets
Origin of invisibleOld French ; from Classical Latin invisibilis
an invisible thing or being
- the unseen world
- Impossible to see; not visible: Air is invisible.
- Not accessible to view; hidden: mountain peaks invisible in the fog.
- Not easily noticed or detected; inconspicuous: “The poor are politically invisible” (Michael Harrington).
- Not published in financial statements: an invisible asset.
One that is invisible.
- in·vis′i·bil′i·ty, in·vis′i·ble·ness