An invisible woman.
- Ink that disappears so you cannot see it on the page is an example of invisible ink.
- When you stand in line at the store and customers and staff ignore you and do not help you, this is an example of a time when you might be described as invisible.
The definition of invisible is something that cannot be seen or someone who is ignored and treated as if he is not seen.
- not visible; that cannot be seen
- out of sight; not apparent
- too small or too faint to be seen; imperceptible
- kept hidden: invisible assets
Origin of invisibleOld French from Classical Latin invisibilis
an invisible thing or being
- the unseen world
- Impossible to see; not visible: Air is invisible.
- Not accessible to view; hidden: mountain peaks invisible in the fog.
- Not easily noticed or detected; inconspicuous: “The poor are politically invisible” ( Michael Harrington )
- Not published in financial statements: an invisible asset.
One that is invisible.
- in·vis′i·bil′i·ty in·vis′i·ble·ness
From Old French invisible, from Latin invisibilis