- The definition of visible is something that can be seen or noticed, or someone or something that is well-known or in the public eye.
- When there are stains on your sweater that you can plainly see, these are an example of visible stains.
- When a celebrity leads a public life, he is an example of a visible person.
- that can be seen; perceptible by the eye
- that can be perceived or observed; apparent: no visible improvement
- on hand or available: visible resources
- so constructed as to bring to view parts or elements that are normally not perceptible
Origin: OFr from Classical Latin visibilis from visus: see vision
- visibly adverb
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- Possible to see; perceptible to the eye: a visible object.
- a. Obvious to the eye: a visible change of expression.b. Being often in the public view; conspicuous.
- Manifest; apparent: no visible solution to the problem.
- On hand; available: a visible supply.
- Constructed or designed to keep important parts in easily accessible view: a visible file.
- Represented visually, as by symbols.
Origin: Middle English, from Old French, from Latin vīsibilis, from vīsus, past participle of vidēre, to see; see vision.
- visˈi·ble·ness noun
- visˈi·bly adverb