- The definition of hidden is concealed.
- An example of hidden is something that's been put in the very back of a drawer and is hard to see.
- An example of hidden is a bald head under a toupee.
This mans face is hidden by a stack of pancakes.
Origin of hiddenMiddle English for Old English gehydd
- past participle of hide
(comparative more hidden, superlative most hidden)
hidden - Computer Definition
Variant of hide
transitive verbhid, hidden or hid, hiding
- to put or keep out of sight; secrete; conceal
- to conceal from the knowledge of others; keep secret: to hide one's identity
- to keep from being seen by covering up, obscuring, etc.: fog hid the road
- to turn away: to hide one's head in shame
Origin of hideMiddle English hiden ; from Old English hydan ; from Indo-European an unverified form (s)keudh- (from source Classical Greek keuthein, to hide) ; from base an unverified form (s)keu-, to cover from source hide, sky, Classical Latin cutis, skin
- to be or lie out of sight or concealed
- to keep oneself out of sight; conceal oneself