- shut off or kept apart from others; isolated; withdrawn
- cut off from the public view; hidden, intimate, etc.: a secluded garden
A cabin in a secluded area.
The definition of secluded is a hidden or isolated place.
A large house on 10 acres in the middle of the woods is an example of something that would be described as secluded.
- Removed or remote from others; solitary: a secluded freelancer working in his basement.
- Screened from view; sequestered: a secluded cabin.
- Simple past tense and past participle of seclude.
- Among birds of prey a bald eagle and a golden eagle are occasionally seen in secluded places.
- The place was quiet and secluded, and Sarah would be a sweet person to work for.
- His life thenceforward became more and more secluded, and he gradually became incapable of work.
- At the restaurant, he led her to a secluded booth and waited until she was seated.
- They are rigidly secluded, but intrigue is frequent.