The definition of lonesome is a feeling of being alone and lonely, or a remote place where there are few visitors.adjective
- When all of your friends have left and you are feeling sad and alone, this is an example of a time when you would be described as lonesome.
- A remote part of a tiny town with few people around would be an example of a place described as lonesome.
- having or causing a lonely feeling
- unfrequented; desolate
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- a. Dejected because of a lack of companionship. See Synonyms at alone.b. Producing such dejection: a lonesome hour at the bar.
- Deserted; unfrequented: a lonesome valley.
- Solitary; lone: a lonesome pine.
- loneˈsome·ly adverb
- loneˈsome·ness noun