- distant in relationship
- of a younger or older generation: one's first cousin once removed is the child of one's first cousin
- remote; distant; disconnected: with from
- Distant in space, time, or nature; remote.
- Separated in relationship by a given degree of descent: A first cousin's child is one's first cousin once removed.
(comparative more removed, superlative most removed)
- Separated in time, space, or degree.
- Of a different generation, older or younger
- Steve is my second cousin once removed.
- Simple past tense and past participle of remove.