- removed or separated (from something)
- withdrawn in mind; absent-minded
- Removed or separated from something else: guidelines abstracted from a manual.
- Not engaged with what is going on around one; withdrawn or preoccupied.
(comparative more abstracted, superlative most abstracted)
- Separated or disconnected; withdrawn; removed; apart. [First attested in the mid 16th century.]
- (now rare) Separated from matter; abstract; ideal, not concrete. [First attested in the early 17th century.]
- (now rare) Abstract; abstruse; difficult. [First attested in the early 17th century.]
- Inattentive to surrounding objects; absent in mind; meditative. [First attested in the early 17th century.]
- simple past tense and past participle of abstract
abstract + -ed