An example of preoccupied is a person who is texting while driving.
- previously or already occupied
- absorbed in one's thoughts
- focused on a certain matter: preoccupied with losing weight
- Taxonomy designating or of a name already used and hence no longer available
- a. Absorbed in thought; engrossed.b. Excessively concerned with something; distracted.
- Formerly or already occupied.
- Already used and therefore unavailable for further use. Used of taxonomic names.
- Simple past tense and past participle of preoccupy.