preoccupied[prē äk′yo̵̅o̅ pīd′, -yə-]
- The definition of preoccupied is someone who is busy with or engaged in something.
An example of preoccupied is a person who is texting while driving.
preoccupied definition by Webster's New World
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- previously or already occupied
- wholly occupied with or absorbed in one's thoughts; engrossed
- Biol. designating or of a taxonomic name already used and hence no longer available
preoccupied definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- a. Absorbed in thought; engrossed.b. Excessively concerned with something; distracted.
- Formerly or already occupied.
- Already used and therefore unavailable for further use. Used of taxonomic names.
Variant of preoccupy