- pledged; esp., pledged in marriage; betrothed: an engaged couple
- not at leisure; occupied; employed; busy
- involved in combat, as troops
- voluntarily committed or personally involved
- attached to or partly set into a wall, etc.: engaged columns
- in gear; interlocked; meshed
An engaged couple.
- An example of engaged is a man who is marrying his girlfriend next month.
- An example of engaged is an author writing a novel.
- An example of engaged are military forces involved in combat in the Iraq War.
The definition of engaged is someone promised to be married, or a busy person, or military personnel in combat.
- Employed, occupied, or busy.
- Committed, as to a cause.
- Pledged to marry; betrothed: an engaged couple.
- Involved in conflict or battle.
- Being in gear; meshed.
- Partly embedded in, built into, or attached to another part, as columns on a wall.
- simple past tense and past participle of engage
- We were engaged in locating all of their victims we could find.
- Then his face engaged in a smile that created little wrinkles around his eyes and grooves in his cheeks.
- What Alex did before we became engaged is none of my business.
- But if they thought she and Bordeaux were engaged, the matter would be closed.
- Soon after he was engaged on an important embassy to Germany, the result of which was the treaty of Ulm, signed July 1620.