- The definition of industrial is something relating to a large-scale business or a manufacturing business.
An example of industrial equipment is a printing press.
A printing press is industrial equipment.
industrial definition by Webster's New World
- having the nature of or characterized by industries
- of, connected with, or resulting from industries
- working in industries
- of or concerned with people working in industries
- for use by industries: said of products
Origin: ; from French and amp; ML: French industriel ; from Midieval Latin industrialis
- a stock, bond, etc. of an industrial corporation or enterprise: usually used in pl.
- Rare a person working in industry
- a form of dance music characterized by pulsating rhythms, fragmented vocal lines, and distorted electronic sounds including urban sound effects
- industrially adverb
industrial definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- Of, relating to, or resulting from industry: industrial development; industrial pollution.
- Having highly developed industries: an industrial nation.
- Employed, required, or used in industry: industrial workers; industrial diamonds.
- A firm engaged in industry.
- A stock or bond issued by an industrial enterprise.
- A person employed in industry.
- A style of rock music marked by harsh rhythms, little melody, and nihilistic lyrics.
- in·dusˈtri·al·ly adverb