industrial[in dus′trē əl]
- The definition of industrial is something relating to a large-scale business or a manufacturing business.
An example of industrial equipment is a printing press.
A printing press is industrial equipment.
- having the nature of or characterized by industries
- of, connected with, or resulting from industries
- working in industries
- of or concerned with people working in industries
- for use by industries: said of products
Origin of industrial; from French and amp; ML: French industriel ; from Medieval Latin industrialis
- a stock, bond, etc. of an industrial corporation or enterprise: usually used in pl.
- Rare a person working in industry
- a form of dance music characterized by pulsating rhythms, fragmented vocal lines, and distorted electronic sounds including urban sound effects
- Of, relating to, or resulting from the manufacturing industry: industrial development; industrial pollution.
- Having a highly developed manufacturing industry: an industrial nation.
- Employed, required, or used in the manufacturing industry: industrial workers; industrial diamonds.
- A company engaged in the manufacturing industry.
- A person employed in the manufacturing industry.
- A style of rock music marked by harsh rhythms, little melody, and nihilistic lyrics.
(comparative more industrial, superlative most industrial)
- Of or relating to industry, notably manufacturing.
- The industrial segment of the economy has seen troubles lately.
- Produced by such industry.
- Handicraft is less standardized then industrial products, hence less artistic or rather flawless.
- Used by such industry.
- Suitable for use in such industry; industrial-grade.
- This is an industrial product—it's much too strong for home use.
- Massive in scale or quantity.
- Employed as manpower by such industry.
- (of a society or country) Having many industries; industrialized.
- Italy is a part industrial, part rural nation.
- (music) Belonging or pertaining to the genre of industrial music.
- a track with clashing industrial beats
From French industriel