- Assiduous is defined as something that is ongoing.
An example of an assiduous sound is that of cars going by on a highway.
- The definition of assiduous is someone that is diligent and constant.
An example of an animal that is assiduous is a bee.
assiduous definition by Webster's New World
- done with constant and careful attention
- diligent; persevering
Origin: Classical Latin assiduus ; from assidere: see assiduity
assiduous definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- Constant in application or attention; diligent: an assiduous worker who strove for perfection. See Synonyms at busy.
- Unceasing; persistent: assiduous research.
Origin: From Latin assiduus, from assidēre, to attend to : ad-, ad- + sedēre, to sit; see sed- in Indo-European roots.
- as·sidˈu·ous·ly adverb
- as·sidˈu·ous·ness noun