- Building a house is an example of a process that would be described as laborious.
- Reading a badly written essay that lacks in fluency is an example of a task that would be described as laborious.
The definition of laborious is something that requires a lot of work and that is often tedious or difficult.
- involving or calling for much hard work; difficult
- Archaic industrious; hardworking
Origin of laboriousMiddle English ; from Old French laborios ; from Classical Latin laboriosus ; from labor, labor
- Marked by or requiring long, hard work: spent many laborious hours on the project.
- Hard-working; industrious.
Origin of laboriousMiddle English, from Old French laborieux, from Latin labōriōsus, from labor, labor.