- toward the top of a hill or incline; upward
- with difficulty; laboriously
- going or sloping up; rising
- calling for prolonged effort; laborious
- located on high ground
a sloping rise or ascent
- Located on high or higher ground: an uphill mine entrance.
- Going up a hill or slope: an uphill climb.
- Marked by difficulty or strong resistance; laborious: an uphill election campaign against a popular incumbent.
- To or toward higher ground; up a slope.
- Against adversity; with difficulty: struggling uphill to make ends meet.
An upward slope or incline.
(comparative more uphill, superlative most uphill)
(comparative further uphill, superlative furthest uphill)
- Sense 3 comparative and superlative is usually made with more and most
- An uphill route.