- that rises; going up, ascending, mounting, advancing, sloping upward, etc.
- advancing to adult years; growing; maturing: the rising generation
- Astrol. ascendant (sense )
- ☆ Informal, Dialectal
- fully as much as; somewhat more than
- approaching; nearing: in these meanings sometimes construed as a preposition: a man rising fifty
- the act or process of a person or thing that rises; esp., an uprising; revolt; insurrection
- something that rises; specif.,
- a projection or prominence
- Dialectal a boil, abscess, etc.
See rising in American Heritage Dictionary 4
- Ascending, sloping upward, or advancing: a rising tide.
- Coming to maturity; emerging: the rising generation.
- The action of one that rises.
- An uprising; an insurrection.
- A prominence or projection.
- The leaven or yeast used to make dough rise in baking.
Learn more about rising