- The definition of ascending is something that is going up.
An escalator that takes you to a higher floor is an example of an ascending escalator.
- that ascends
- Bot. rising or curving upward from a trailing position, as the stems of certain vines and shrubs
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- Moving, going, or growing upward: an ascending minor scale.
- Moving or progressing toward a higher level or degree: an ascending order of difficulty.
- Botany Growing or directing upward from a curved or slanted base, as certain plant stems.
- as·cendˈing·ly adverb