- The definition of aspiring is looking forward to something with great desire, hoping for some dream or goal to come true, or working towards making something happen.
- An ambitious person is an example of an aspiring person.
- A man going to medical school is an example of an aspiring student.
- A person trying out for TV shows during the day and waiting tables at night is an aspiring actor.
striving for or desirous of reaching some (usually lofty) goal
- hoping to become
- Aspiring pop stars lined up for hours just to audition.
- Present participle of aspire.
Variant of aspire