- An ambitious person is an example of an aspiring person.
- A man going to medical school is an example of an aspiring student.
- A person trying out for TV shows during the day and waiting tables at night is an aspiring actor.
The definition of aspiring is looking forward to something with great desire, hoping for some dream or goal to come true, or working towards making something happen.
striving for or desirous of reaching some (usually lofty) goal
- hoping to become
- Aspiring pop stars lined up for hours just to audition.
- Present participle of aspire.
Variant of aspire