- An ambitious person is an example of an aspiring person.
- A man going to medical school is an example of an aspiring student.
- A person trying out for TV shows during the day and waiting tables at night is an aspiring actor.
The definition of aspiring is looking forward to something with great desire, hoping for some dream or goal to come true, or working towards making something happen.
striving for or desirous of reaching some (usually lofty) goal
- hoping to become
- Aspiring pop stars lined up for hours just to audition.
- Present participle of aspire.
- I'm an aspiring chef.
- In 1397-1398 Florence had two more wars with Gian Galeazzo Visconti, who, aspiring to the conquest of Tuscany, acquired the lordship of Pisa, Siena and Perugia.
- Without attaching himself to any particular system of philosophical doctrine, he fought error incessantly, and in regard to art, poetry and the drama and religion, suggested ideas which kindled the enthusiasm of aspiring minds, and stimulated their highest energies.
- Five months after it appeared, "on the 21st of January 1609, at four in the morning, he fell asleep in Heinsius's arms. The aspiring spirit ascended before the Infinite.
- We next find Charles Emmanuel aspiring to the imperial crown in 1619, but without success.