- The definition of an aspiration is a desire or ambition for which someone is motivated to work very hard.
An example of an aspiration is to be a famous singer.
- Aspiration is defined as the act of having motivation.
An example of someone exhibiting aspiration to be a famous singer is someone practicing and taking lessons daily.
- Aspiration means the act of inhaling.
An example of aspiration is breathing.
- Aspiration is the act of getting rid of something from the body.
An example of aspiration is removal of tissue for biopsy.
- Aspiration is the release of air after pronouncing a consonant.
An example of aspiration is the air release after pronouncing the p in pie.
- strong desire or ambition, as for advancement, honor, etc.
- the thing so desired
- a breathing in, as of dust into the lungs
- Med. removal of fluid or gas by suction, as from a body cavity
- the act of pronouncing with an aspirate
- aspirate ( & )
Origin: Classical Latin aspiratio, a blowing or breathing ; from past participle of aspirare, aspire
- aspirational adjective
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- Expulsion of breath in speech.
- Linguistics a. The pronunciation of a consonant with an aspirate.b. A speech sound produced with an aspirate.
- The act of breathing in; inhalation.
- Medicine The process of removing fluids or gases from the body with a suction device.
- a. A strong desire for high achievement.b. An object of such desire; an ambition.
aspiration - Medical Definition
- The removal of a gas or fluid by suction.
- The sucking of fluid or a foreign body into the airway when drawing breath.
- A surgical technique used in the treatment of cataracts of the eye, in which an incision is made into the cornea, the lens capsule is severed, and the material of the lens is fragmented and aspirated by a needle.