- The definition of an aspiration is a desire or ambition for which someone is motivated to work very hard.
An example of an aspiration is to be a famous singer.
- Aspiration is defined as the act of having motivation.
An example of someone exhibiting aspiration to be a famous singer is someone practicing and taking lessons daily.
- Aspiration means the act of inhaling.
An example of aspiration is breathing.
- Aspiration is the act of getting rid of something from the body.
An example of aspiration is removal of tissue for biopsy.
- Aspiration is the release of air after pronouncing a consonant.
An example of aspiration is the air release after pronouncing the p in pie.
- strong desire or ambition, as for advancement, honor, etc.
- the thing so desired
- a breathing in, as of dust into the lungs
- Med. removal of fluid or gas by suction, as from a body cavity
- the act of pronouncing with an aspirate
- aspirate ( & )
Origin of aspirationClassical Latin aspiratio, a blowing or breathing ; from past participle of aspirare, aspire
- Expulsion of breath in speech.
- Linguistics a. The pronunciation of a consonant with an aspirate.b. A speech sound produced with an aspirate.
- The act of breathing in; inhalation.
- Medicine The process of removing fluids or gases from the body with a suction device.
- a. A strong desire for high achievement.b. An object of such desire; an ambition.