- absent; lacking; missing: a coat with some buttons wanting
- not up to some standard; inadequate in some essential: weighed and found wanting
- lacking (something); without: a watch wanting a minute hand
- minus; less: a year wanting two weeks
- Absent; lacking: What is wanting is a real understanding of the issue.
- Not measuring up to standards or expectations: found his performance wanting.
- Without; missing: a shirt wanting a button.
- Minus; less: an hour wanting 15 minutes.
- Present participle of want.
- The state of wanting something; desire.