wanting definition by Webster's New World
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- absent; lacking; missing: a coat with some buttons wanting
- not up to some standard; inadequate in some essential: weighed and found wanting
- lacking (something); without: a watch wanting a minute hand
- minus; less: a year wanting two weeks
wanting definition by American Heritage Dictionary
The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th edition Copyright © 2010 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
- Absent; lacking.
- Not measuring up to standards or expectations.
- Minus; less: an hour wanting 15 minutes.
wanting - Phrases/Idioms