- The definition of satisfactory is acceptable, adequate or sufficient.
- When you do OK on a test and you pass it but don't excel, this is an example of a satisfactory performance.
- When your health condition is generally OK, this is an example of a time when your health is satisfactory.
satisfactory definition by Webster's New World
good enough to fulfill a need, wish, requirement, etc.; satisfying or adequate
Origin: French satisfactoire ; from Midieval Latin satisfactorius
satisfactory definition by American Heritage Dictionary
Giving satisfaction sufficient to meet a demand or requirement; adequate.
- satˌis·facˈto·ri·ly adverb
- satˌis·facˈto·ri·ness noun