- not meeting requirements; not suitable or qualified
- not physically or mentally fit or sound
- not adapted or fitted for a given purpose
transitive verb-·fit′ted, -·fit′ting
- Not meant or adapted for a given purpose; inappropriate: a solvent that is unfit for use on wood surfaces.
- Below the required standard; unqualified: an unfit parent.
- Not in good physical or mental health.
- Biology Unable to survive or produce viable offspring in a particular environment.
transitive verbun·fit·ted, un·fit·ting, un·fits
(comparative more unfit, superlative most unfit)
(third-person singular simple present unfits, present participle unfitting, simple past and past participle unfitted)
From un- +"Ž fit.
unfit - Legal Definition