- having or showing poor health; sickly; not well
- harmful to health; unwholesome
- harmful to morals or character
- dangerous or risky: an unhealthy situation
- a. Being in a state of ill health; sick.b. Characterized by or symptomatic of ill health: an unhealthy pallor.c. Causing or conducive to poor health; unwholesome: an unhealthy diet.
- Harmful to character or morality; corruptive: unhealthy reading material.
- Characterized by or symptomatic of disturbed mental health: took an unhealthy interest in violence and fires.
- Of a risky nature; dangerous: an unhealthy predicament.
(comparative unhealthier, superlative unhealthiest)