- bringing or carrying disease
- Archaic infected with an epidemic disease
- dangerous to morals or to the welfare of society; noxious; evil
- Informal annoying; mischievous; bothersome
Origin of pestiferousMiddle English ; from Classical Latin pestiferus ; from pestis, plague + ferre, to bear
- a. Producing or breeding infectious disease.b. Infected with or contaminated by an epidemic disease.
- Morally evil or deadly; pernicious.
- Bothersome; annoying.
Origin of pestiferousMiddle English, from Latin pestiferus, variant of pestifer : pestis, pestilence; see pest + -fer, -fer.
(comparative more pestiferous, superlative most pestiferous)