- bringing or carrying disease
- Archaic infected with an epidemic disease
- dangerous to morals or to the welfare of society; noxious; evil
- Informal annoying; mischievous; bothersome
Origin of pestiferousMiddle English from Classical Latin pestiferus from pestis, plague + ferre, to bear
- a. Producing or breeding infectious disease.b. Infected with or contaminated by an epidemic disease.
- Morally evil or deadly; pernicious.
- Bothersome; annoying.
Origin of pestiferousMiddle English from Latin pestiferus variant of pestifer pestis pestilence ; see pest . -fer -fer
(comparative more pestiferous, superlative most pestiferous)