- The definition of vexatious is causing annoyance, or full of annoyance.
An example of something vexatious is a computer that won't stop beeping in the office.
vexatious definition by Webster's New World
- characterized by or causing vexation; annoying, troublesome, etc.
- Law instituted without real grounds, chiefly to cause annoyance to the defendant: said of legal actions
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- vexatiously adverb
vexatious definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- Causing or creating vexation; annoying.
- Full of annoyance or distress; harassed.
- Intended to vex or annoy.
- vex·aˈtious·ly adverb
- vex·aˈtious·ness noun