The definition of annoying is something that is bothersome or irritating.
Constantly poking someone in the arm is an example of annoying behavior.
Causing vexation or irritation; troublesome: an annoying cough.
(comparative more annoying, superlative most annoying)
- Present participle of annoy.
annoy + -ing
- He was annoying, and she wanted him to leave her alone.
- She left the room with an annoying thought.
- Suddenly all those annoying rules of conduct began to make sense.
- That familiar yet annoying pang of disappointment took its place.
- His condescending tone was as annoying as the words.